View Current Highlights and Happenings
- Quote to Inspire - "When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case, I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love." ― Bob Dylan.
- Peace. Love. Music. - No matter where in the world we come from, music builds bridges, crosses borders, inspires respect and creativity. A big SongU welcome to the UK Songwriting Competition (UKSC) entrants who are visiting our virtual campus this month from all over the United Kingdom and abroad including South Africa, Egypt, Australia, Ireland, France, Russia, India, Nigeria, Sweden, Brazil, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Japan, and Croatia.
- Thanks for Showing Us the Love in February! - In February, the month of cupids and arrows, we appreciate all your kind words. Here are just some of the testimonials we have received this month:
Rita W. (OH) - To Coach #2245, Michele Vice-Maslin: "You’ve not only made my day, but my year! We will definitely go back and beef up the lyrics...I can’t thank you enough. So grateful, always, for your guidance. I will send back before final."
Shawn F. (NJ) - To Bob Dellaposta, Publisher Feedback 315: "Bob always does an excellent job of challenging people to be their best. When it's good he says make it better, once you make it better he says now make it great. Be prepared to rewrite it and rewrite it. Until it's great."
Mark S. (U.K.) - To Lisa Palas, Song Feedback and Mentoring 210: "Brilliant feedback once again, it was so useful!!"
Robbi A. (TX) - To Coach #4146, Marcia Ramirez: "You are a great coach and you are helping me a LOT with the process!"
Tamika C. (Australia) - To Helen Darling, Song Feedback and Mentoring 200: "This is my 2nd class with Helen and I find her feedback to be so insightful and constructive, not just with my songs but with others in the class - I have learnt so much just by listening to her transcripts (I register for every one, even if I'm not part of the class!). I jump at every chance I get to sign up for Helen's classes - with the time zone differences, these can be few and far between as her classes tend to fill up so quickly! Thank you Helen!"
Priscilla C. (U.K.) - To Michele Vice-Maslin, Pop, Hot AC, Song and Production Feedback 120 "Great course with Michele, she's very thorough and always offers helpful suggestions. Makes me think outside the box in the quest to come up with original ideas. Looking forward to future courses with her."
Susan B. (NY) - To Benn Cutarelli, Song Feedback and Mentoring 101: "Benn gave such thoughtful attention and feedback to each participant."
Ewa R. (Poland) - To Sara Light, Song Feedback and Mentoring 288: "I love Sara's approach. She really knows and understands what's in a song. She is quick and inquisitive. Critics is what I'm looking for, but she is very polite and encouraging."
Thanks you everyone! We'll keep doing our best for you!
- Spotlight Pitches! - Added 2/16: Pitch #1796 (Sync): Seeking songs for a tech brand commercial. Genres: Pop, Rock, Folk or Classic Country- bonus if it has a vintage sound.
Added 2/16: Pitch #1795 (Sync): Seeking fun, summer Pop song for TV commercial.
Pitch #1789: This is an opportunity from our friends at Liva Music Switzerland to get airplay on international radio stations.
Pitch #1781 (Fast Track): Submit only uptempo in the R&B genre. Should have a simple groove, a good melody within the verses, that lead up to a strong hook in the song that can be memorable.
Pitch #1738 (Fast Track, Ongoing Sync) : Seeking unique, well-produced, all genres including indie band/singer-songwriter, retro sound-alikes, music-only, foreign language and more.
See complete details and important submission guidelines on the
pitch opportunities page.
- SONGU SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT! JOHN MURPHY - This week we're shining the light on songwriter John Murphy (member since 2012, NJ). Type of Good News: Got A Song Recorded via a SongU Street Pitch. Song Title: "Don't Let Go." Artist: Daywind Records artist, Troy Ervin. Congratulations to songwriter, John Murphy, and Street Pitch guest and music publisher, Dallas Gregory, for the cut. Dallas recently emailed John to let him know "the [royalty] check is in the mail!" John says: "Thanks again to you Dallas, for all of your time and effort that it took to secure this cut with Daywind and Troy Ervin, and continuing to believe in "Don't Let Go"! Also, to the entire SongU team, thanks for providing the amazing platform that you have created to assist songwriters around the world with the opportunity to learn, grow and share as songwriters!" You can listen to both the DEMO and the ARTIST RECORDING of "Don't Let Go" on his SongU member website. (Warning, you may want a box of tissues nearby.)
Remember to submit your own good news here for a chance to be our success spotlight!
Instructor-Led Courses This Week.
- Got Good News? - We love it when our own members are out there slugging away against the big music industry beast and winning some battles. Your achievements inspire all of us. Please let us know about it. View more MEMBER SUCCESSES and SUBMIT YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS HERE!
Thu Feb 27, 2020 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 330 Song Production Feedback for Film-TV-Media with Queenie Mullinix
Sat Feb 29, 2020 03:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 120 Pop, Hot AC, Song and Production Feedback and Mentoring with Michele Vice-Maslin
Mon Mar 02, 2020 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 101 Bend Benns Ear with Benn Cutarelli
Tue Mar 03, 2020 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 135 Song Feedback and Mentoring with Randy Klein
Current Pitching Opportunities
View current pitching opportunities
Wed Mar 04, 2020 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 140 Song Feedback and Mentoring with Marcia Ramirez