Quote to inspire:
"As a songwriter if you can touch people and make them feel a little less alone in the world, then you've done your job." - Tom Cochrane
We're sad to report that longtime member and Dove/Grammy-nominated songwriter, John Condrone
, from Maryville, TN, passed away on Tuesday, October 20th. Read more and hear his songs.
Master Class! BUS 420 Demo Studio Production Panel - October 29th at 1pm ET. Bring your studio production questions to this unique and multi-faceted panel of experts: Marcia Ramirez, Mike Waldron, and Jim Reilly. Registration begins Oct 22nd, all welcome. If you will not be able to attend, register for Transcript-only and be sure not to miss this certain-to-be fun and informative session. See details at View/Add Live Courses.
Fall 2020 Special Event Pitch! "Staff Writer For a Day" with Deluge Music! Submit your songs from September 17th through November 22nd. See complete details and important submission guidelines on the
pitch opportunities page.
Our Previous Staff Writer for A Day Winner, Kelly McKay, tells us what it was like to write with hit songwriter, Sandy Ramos and WinSongs Music staff writer, Chris Fouraker! Read it here.
- Featured Pitch. Pitch #1868: Lullabies And Family Friendly Music For Film-TV Alternative Pitch guest, N.P., is seeking Lullabies And Family Friendly Music for sync licensing for film & TV. We need ORIGINAL lullabies and songs about family and friendship: parent/child relationships, brothe... View all pitch opps.
Got Good News? Tell us all about it!
Pitch guest, N.P., is seeking Lullabies And Family Friendly Music for sync licensing for film & TV. We need ORIGINAL lullabies and songs about family and friendship: parent/child relationships, brothers/sister and friends that are like family. *Lullabies are especially versatile....besides the obvious use, they can be used for general comfort and in juxtaposition to a scary, tense or horror scene. Mid-tempos and ballads work best for these themes. Male or female vocals. Genres: Singer-songwriter, pop, indie, alternative, Americana, folk. Just good emotional songs!
References for tone & theme:
"Sweet Pea" Amos Lee
"Family" The Chainsmokers & Kygo
"Remember Me" from Coco
"Lean On Me" Bill Withers
"True Colors" Cyndi Lauper
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight" The Lion King
"You've Got A Friend In Me" Toy Story
Songwriters, important: SONGS SUBMITTED HAVE TO BE CLEARED FOR SYNC LICENSING as per the following guidelines (no exceptions):
- You must own both your master (recordings) and 100% of your synchronization (publishing). If you do not...
- Then, all master owners, co-writer(s) or co-publisher(s), must sign our licensing agreement as well.
- Songs must be CLEARED: meaning if you have paid musicians and/or singers including background vocalists, you must have a signed 'work for hire' OR RELEASE form for each person involved in making your recording so that they have no further claim to the song. Please note, the producer who produced your recording should be able to help you acquire a work for hire agreement or release, however in many cases there may be a fee involved particularly if the recording was purchased as a demo. No writers signed with major publishing companies with major administration deals.
- Submissions must be MASTER/BROADCAST QUALITY recordings. If we express interest, you will need to supply us with a mastered copy of both the song AND an instrumental track.
PITCH FOLLOW-UP: If this guest expresses interest in your song you will be asked to sign an agreement for this project only (non-exclusive); with a 50%/50% split for both the master/sync licenses. Will not take publishing of the song so the publisher/writers will get all the performance income. If there is no upfront licensing fee, the 'guest' will take 50% of the publishing income for this placement only. The 'guest' will not take ownership of the copyright.
GOLD STARS! CONGRATULATIONS to our members whose songs were picked up in the past 72 hours to be signed or pitched from our leads! See who else had their songs recently picked up.
(#1789) Pitch For Other. Country. Re-Opened. Several of our members have gotten airplay through this listing. This is an opportunity from...more
• Stephen Adrian Lawrance "COLD COMFORT"
Re-Opened. Several of our members have gotten airplay through this listing. This is an opportunity from our friends at Liva Music Switzerland to get airplay on international radio stations. Liva is connected to over 450 Country stations in Europe, 80 Country stations in Australia, and also about 200 stations in the USA. They have very specific song submission guidelines, so read ENTIRE description before submitting:
- Seeking REAL Country music, possibly Country/Pop, but must be more Country than Pop.
- The recording quality has to be excellent.
- The song has to be sung by the Artist (no songwriter demos). Or, if you are a songwriter who has had a cut on an artist project, you can send that song, along with the information about the artist. This way you can support your own song as well as the artist who recorded the song.
-New info! For radio promotion it is important that there is an artist behind the songs and that the songs that I receive from the SongU members are songs that were released in the past. Songwriter demos don't work since I always give the radios some information about the artists. (I know this will limit all a lot and maybe there are not a lot of members who had many cuts in the past. But I have received some very good songs and maybe some of your members cut their songs in the next time).
FOLLOW-UP: IF YOUR SONG IS SELECTED, you will receive an email from SongU. You can also double-check the status on your Pitch Activity page. If it is selected, Rolf Schnyder at Liva Music will follow-up with you to get the following items from you: a) The song as a wav-file and/or 320 mp3, or 192 mp3; b) A one page pdf with some information about the artist or song; c) The cover as a .jpg (if it was a single release) or the cover from the CD (if the song was on a CD).
"Got radio play for the song American:Simple Man. Thanks to the SongU team for making this site available. Thanks to Rolf Schnyder for selecting this song." - Rick Burge, TN, USA.
UPCOMING INSTRUCTOR-LED COURSES
Registration for song feedback and mentoring courses (FDBK) begins one-week prior to course time starting at 10:00 am ET. Limit 5 participants per session.
Tue Oct 27, 2020 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 225 Indie, Film-TV, Production Song Feedback and Mentoring with Diona Devincenzi
Wed Oct 28, 2020 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 288 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Sara Light
Wed Oct 28, 2020 09:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 320 Publisher Song Feedback and Mentoring with Debbie Zavitson
Thu Oct 29, 2020 01:00 PM (ET)
BUS 420 Demo Studio Production Master Class Panel Discussion with Marcia Ramirez
Thu Oct 29, 2020 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 330 Song Production Feedback for Film-TV-Media with Queenie Mullinix
Sat Oct 31, 2020 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 205 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Alan Roy Scott
Mon Nov 02, 2020 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 101 Bend Benns Ear with Benn Cutarelli