View Current Highlights and Happenings
- THE BIG REVEAL! SPECIAL SONGS FOR SYNC FEBRUARY 23rd at 11AM ET! -
WHEN: Registration begins on February 16th. The Big Reveal! is on FEBRUARY 23rd at 11AM ET.
HOW: Sign up to ATTEND LIVE or to listen to the TRANSCRIPT-ONLY. Go to Activity>View/Add Live Courses page. PLEASE, if you know you can't be there live, use Transcript-Only.
WHAT: YOU HAVE UNTIL FEBRUARY 18TH TO SUBMIT YOUR SONGS TO THIS PITCH. Special Event guest, Barry Coffing, will listen to every song submitted. THE BIG REVEAL LIVE SESSION ON FEBRUARY 23RD, adding education, listening, and $150 Pearl Snap Studio prize!
AM I A CONTENDER? Go to your Pitch Activity page. The link will read "Listened" when Barry has initially heard your song. He may listen to it again at any point during the decision-making process. You will know if he is interested in adding it to his catalog when and if the link reads "Marked As Contender" prior to the Big Reveal on February 23rd at 11AM ET.
- Quote to Inspire - Frozen's Oscar-Winning Songwriter, Kristen Anderson-Lopez , on her
GREAT LIFE LESSONS.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED! Are You Ready To Pitch Your Songs to Film and TV? - SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED 3 DAYS! Songs for Sync! Special Event Pitch with Music Supervisor, Barry Coffing! Extended through February 18, 2019! You have an exclusive opportunity to send your songs DIRECTLY to Music Supervisor, Barry Coffing, through a SongU.com personal listening page. Barry's company Music Supervisor Inc. places hundreds of songs each year in Films, TV and Advertising! Will yours be one of them? See details in the Pitching area.
- Looking for e-Classroom Instructions? - Here's an easy short instructional page to print out. e-Classroom Instructions Printout Page . You will also find this link on your course registration confirmation email. The latest look/feel of the e-classroom makes for a quicker set-up time and better functionality.
- Special Event Pitch! Songs for Sync! - An exclusive opportunity to pitch your songs, any style and genre, directly for Film, TV/Media. Music supervisor, Barry Coffing, whose company Music Supervisor Inc. places hundreds of songs each year in Films, TV and Advertising will be listening to your songs through Feb 18, 2019, SPECIFICALLY TO FIND SONGS FOR SYNC PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. Details in pitching!
- SONGU SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT! MITCH TOWNLEY - This week we're shining the light on songwriter Mitch Townley (member since 2006, TN). Type of Good News: Got a Song Recorded (TWICE!). Song Title: "Stomp On!" Artist: Sonny Thurnall and Artist: Matt Westin.
Some more great news recently from our own SongU faculty, Nashville music publisher, Dallas Gregory, who emailed, "Mitch has gotten back to back cuts on his incredible song "Stomp On" through SongU!!!" To those of you who have been part of SongU.com for a while, Mitch Townley's name is familiar. You may have met him in Song FDBK sessions, heard his songs as Special Event contenders (and winners), seen his posts about numerous festival-contest wins, and artist cuts and more on the SongU Facebook page. Mitch's work ethic epitomizes the formula for commercial songwriting success: 1) write lots and lots of songs, 2) get feedback and work on each of your songs until you feel they are the best they can be; 3) record professional sounding demos; 4) network any way you can and then; 5) pitch 'em!
Mitch also has a heart for "giving back" and has worked with and mentored other songwriters throughout the years. About SongU, he says, "I have been a member of SongU since 2006. SongU has been a gateway for me to establish solid co-writing relationships, professional relationships with publishers and artists and the ability to pitch my songs. I have also been able to write with 2 hit writers through their “write with a pro” [Golden Ticket] special event opportunities. There are no shortcuts to growing as a songwriter. A song may not experience commercial success but if it moves someone to tears, happiness, thought or action then it is a great song."
Well-said, Mitch! Congratulations! Listen to 'Stomp On' and more of Mitch Townley's songs on his SongU Member Website. And special thanks YET AGAIN to our friend and mentor, Dallas Gregory, for rockin' it out for our members!
Remember to submit your own good news here for a chance to be our success spotlight!
- Why Should You Use Coaching? Cuz My Coach Rocks! - Dear Coach, thank you for the evaluation of my song. I wanted to tell you...
Wow... Awesome detailed review which I can tell you spent
extra time on. So quick you got back with me! Thank you so,
so much for all your abilities to see with a very discerning
eye. - Chuck (GA, United States), 1/24/2019
Thank you so much for the great critique of [my song]. I am
going to tame the lyrics a bit but not go to far away from
the original as you stated. Ending the bridge with show me a
sign rather than your no friend of mine is brilliant. Thanks
again coach, see you on the next song. - Eric (FL, United States), 1/29/2019
Coach #1683: I appreciate your thoughtful comments! Points well taken.
It's nice to be able to bounce one off of some fresh ears. Thanks much! - Hookstown B. (TN United States), 1/21/2019
As always I appreciate your honest evaluations and the
concise content. I know when I send a tune to you that I
will receive a report that you have given a lot of time and
effort. Because of your interest in sharing your knowledge
with us we receive great advice on our quest for success as
songwriters. - Don E. (NC, United States), 1/19/2019
Coach #4146: I
appreciate your thoughts on this. Work to do....gives me
focus :-) Thanks! - Carol C. (KS, United States), 1/28/2019
Wow. Thank you. I am totally blown away by this evaluation.
Wow. Thank you! This made my day! - Marcia (NH United States), 1/22/2019
It was very heartening as this was our first submission. For
a professional songwriter to acknowledge our material so
enthusiastically means a great deal to us and you certainly
got into the spirit of the song. You made many pertinent
comments that we are now considering. THANK-YOU once again!
- JK (United Kingdom), 1/26/2019
Instructor-Led Courses This Week.
- Got Good News? - We love it when our own members are out there slugging away against the big music industry beast and winning some battles. Your achievements inspire all of us. Please let us know about it. View more MEMBER SUCCESSES and SUBMIT YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS HERE!
Mon Feb 18, 2019 09:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 120 Pop, Hot AC, Song and Production Feedback and Mentoring with Michele Vice-Maslin
Tue Feb 19, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 300 Advanced Song Feedback and Mentoring with Craig Bickhardt
Wed Feb 20, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 225 Indie, Film-TV, Production Song Feedback and Mentoring with Diona Devincenzi
Thu Feb 21, 2019 09:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 315 Publisher Song Feedback and Mentoring with Bob Dellaposta
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:00 AM (ET)
SPEC 420 The Big Reveal! Songs for Sync with Barry Coffing with Sara Light
Current Pitching Opportunities
View current pitching opportunities
Sat Feb 23, 2019 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 205 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Alan Roy Scott