View Current Highlights and Happenings
- Quote to Inspire - "Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music." - George Eliot
- New! Quick Turnaround. Needed ASAP. - New York-Themed Pop Street Pitch #1695 for Netflix. Pop and Indie Pop through April 1st - Street Pitch #1695. See more details and important submission guidelines on the pitch opportunities page.
- Jazz Songs & Instrumentals: Street Pitch #1693 for Cable TV Show - Jazzy Crooner songs and Jazz instrumentals. Through March 31st. See more details and important submission guidelines on the pitch opportunities page.
- Non-Country: Street Pitch #1694 Streaming TV Show - EDGY Americana, Indie Pop/Rock, Rock alternative. Through March 31st. See more details and important submission guidelines on the pitch opportunities page.
- March Madness DISCOUNT on Gator Hole Studio Demo! - Throughout March, popular partner studio, The Gator Hole, is offering a special for MARCH! A FULL BAND DEMO for only $250! That's $30 OFF the already discounted price for SongU members. Includes vocalist (lead & harmony) and more. For details, see Gator Hole Package 2 from the "Demo Songs" link in your Song Locker. No initial payment required. Discount will be applied after you book studio date.
- AND THE WINNERS ARE... - On February 23, 2019, Barry Coffing, owner of musicsupervisor.com, finalized his choice of 26 songs from a field of 324 songs submitted to the SongU members' Special Event Pitch: "Songs for Sync!" to include in his catalog for film, TV, and advertising placements. The songs vary in genre and style, are both female and male vocals, and some instrumental-only. Several were chosen specifically for placement in a film currently in production for which Barry is the dedicated music supervisor. Congratulations to our latest rising stars! Susan Simonson (NY), Elizabeth Milcarek (NJ), Brad McKinney (KY), Elizabeth Cornwall (AUSTRALIA), Eugenia Johnson (KS), Anton Garcia (SPAIN), Bill Gue (IN), Marcia Morgan (NH), Mary Haller (MA), Jessamyn Rains (TN), Lucy LeBlanc (BC, CANADA), Michael Morton (AL), Dave Novak (MN), Paul Yevdokimoff (RUSSIA), Ru Breau (NJ), Robert Wronkiewicz (IL), Sarah Motes Ashley (TN), Eleanor Lieder (MN), Tracey Graham (CA), Timothy Gleason (IL). Listen to the selected songs here. In addition, the randomly-selected winner of $150-off a demo at Pearl Snap Studios in Nashville, TN is Chuck Doughtie (co-writer Earla DeCoursey)!
- BARRY TELLS US WHY CERTAIN SONGS WERE SELECTED - Because our focus at SongU.com is always on EDUCATION (even for pitching), we had Music Supervisor, Barry Coffing, join us in the e-classroom to give us an insider's view of selecting songs for film, TV, and advertising in "SPEC 420 THE BIG REVEAL! SONGS FOR SYNC". First, he generously showed us the scene-by-scene MUSIC BREAKDOWN, of the film for which he is the sole music supervisor. Next he went through every selected song and told us what made him choose it over the others submitted. Hint: production quality and choice of vocals. YOU'LL WANT TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.
I didn't sign up for the transcript. Can I still hear his talk? Yes, on your View/Edit Live Courses page, do a sort on "Transcript-only (prior courses)" and add it to your Course Activity page.
- SONGU SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT! MITCH TOWNLEY - This week we're shining the light on songwriter Mitch Townley (member since 2006, TN). Type of Good News: Got a Song Recorded (TWICE!). Song Title: "Stomp On!" Artist: Sonny Thurnall and Artist: Matt Westin.
Some more great news recently from our own SongU faculty, Nashville music publisher, Dallas Gregory, who emailed, "Mitch has gotten back to back cuts on his incredible song "Stomp On" through SongU!!!" To those of you who have been part of SongU.com for a while, Mitch Townley's name is familiar. You may have met him in Song FDBK sessions, heard his songs as Special Event contenders (and winners), seen his posts about numerous festival-contest wins, and artist cuts and more on the SongU Facebook page. Mitch's work ethic epitomizes the formula for commercial songwriting success: 1) write lots and lots of songs, 2) get feedback and work on each of your songs until you feel they are the best they can be; 3) record professional sounding demos; 4) network any way you can and then; 5) pitch 'em!
Mitch also has a heart for "giving back" and has worked with and mentored other songwriters throughout the years. About SongU, he says, "I have been a member of SongU since 2006. SongU has been a gateway for me to establish solid co-writing relationships, professional relationships with publishers and artists and the ability to pitch my songs. I have also been able to write with 2 hit writers through their “write with a pro” [Golden Ticket] special event opportunities. There are no shortcuts to growing as a songwriter. A song may not experience commercial success but if it moves someone to tears, happiness, thought or action then it is a great song."
Well-said, Mitch! Congratulations! Listen to 'Stomp On' and more of Mitch Townley's songs on his SongU Member Website. And special thanks YET AGAIN to our friend and mentor, Dallas Gregory, for rockin' it out for our members!
Remember to submit your own good news here for a chance to be our success spotlight!
- Gold Stars Report January 28th - February 18th, 2019 - CONGRATULATIONS to the following members who received notes of interest from 01/28/2019 through 02/18/2019 by SONGU.COM pitch guests for the following leads:
#1607 - DALLAS SMITH: *Kyle Gaston; * Kyle Gaston
#1652 - SCOTTY MCCREERY: *Mathew Pownall
#1661 - TIM MCGRAW: *Paul Jarvis; * Stephen Adrian Lawrance
#1670 - HANNAH DASHER: *Carol Coffey; * James Hoppe ; * Mitch Townley ; * Rita Weyls
#1671 - BLAKE SHELTON: *Rachel Amidei; * James Hoppe ; * Rita Weyls
#1675 - DEVAULT RIDGE BAND: *Hollie Brogunier; * John Condrone ; * John Condrone ; * James Hoppe ; * Rick Lane
#1677 - ALAN JACKSON: *James Hoppe; * Ralph Jeswald ; * Pat Shea ; * Chelsie Taylor ; * Brad Yunek
#1681 - CONTEMPORARY SONGS FOR FAITH-BASED FILMS: *Nancy Blandford
AND A BIG SHOUT OUT to all the MAYBES too! Keep up the *Gold Star Work everyone!
Instructor-Led Courses This Week.
- Got Good News? - We love it when our own members are out there slugging away against the big music industry beast and winning some battles. Your achievements inspire all of us. Please let us know about it. View more MEMBER SUCCESSES and SUBMIT YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS HERE!
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 315 Publisher Song Feedback and Mentoring with Bob Dellaposta
Tue Mar 26, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 210 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Lisa Palas
Wed Mar 27, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 140 Song Feedback and Mentoring with Marcia Ramirez
Current Pitching Opportunities
View current pitching opportunities
Thu Mar 28, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 205 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Alan Roy Scott