View Current Highlights and Happenings
- Quote to Inspire - "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold Auerbach
- What's That You Say? - Let's talk about prosody. Has a SongU.com mentor ever told you that your music doesn't match your lyrics? For example, the lyrical pauses of your song aren't matching the natural musical pauses. Or, that your music is upbeat and fun while the lyrics are serious and complex. Or, that the emphasis of a word is on the wrong syllable making it difficult to understand what you're singing? This "marriage" of the words and music is known as prosody. Prosody is the reason that when Taylor Swift sang "got a long list OF ex-lovers" (emphasis on the word "of"), so many people thought she was singing about her "Starbucks lovers." If it's your choice to use "bad" prosody to be quirky or unique, that's fine. But prosody is something to be aware of so that you, as the songwriter, are making an informed decision about how your audience is going to interpret your words and music. To learn more about this go to your ACTIVITY area, and check out the DIY course MUS 220 PROSODY: WRITING MUSIC TO LYRICS developed by Danny Arena.
- New! Pitch # 1761. Deadline 10/25 for TV Commercial. - Seeking Adult Contemporary, R&B, Singer Songwriter, Soul. Themes of family togetherness during the holidays. Human connections, reconciliations. See details and important submission guidelines on the
pitch opportunities page.
- Best Pitch for Multiple Genres! - Pitch 1738 (Fast Track) - Ongoing Sync Licensing Opportunity for Film, TV, Media. SongU’ers, Mike at NOMA Music, is open to listening to our songs for his non-exclusive sync licensing film-TV pitches. Includes INDIE SINGER-SONGWRITER, RETRO, SOUND-ALIKES, QUIRKY, HIP, AND TRACKS ONLY. Must be broadcast-ready. Read full listing for specific song needs. PLEASE let’s try to give him what he’s asking for so he keeps listening. See more details and important submission guidelines on the
pitch opportunities page.
- Gold Stars Report July 31st to September 26th, 2019 - CONGRATULATIONS to the following members who received notes of interest from 07/31/2019 through 09/26/2019 by SONGU.COM pitch guests who will pitch their songs for the following leads:
#1718 - CHARLIE WORSHAM: *Amy Barnett
#1733 - SONGS FOR TOKYO OLYMPICS 2020: *Will Bowes
#1734 - MATHEW EWING: *Ed Cawthon; * Loralei Ells ; * James Hoppe ; * Robert Otting ; * Rhondalynn Pisanello ; * Brad Yunek
#1735 - SAMMY KERSHAW: *Donna Aylor; * David Dwortzan ; * James Hoppe ; * Chris Karabas
#1736 - SARA KING: *Ricki Bellos; * Andy Taylor ; * Rita Weyls ; * Brad Yunek ; * Brad Yunek
#1737 - NEW TV SHOW FOR STREAMING NETWORK: *Will Bowes (2 songs)
#1739 - EVERETTE: *Jamie Trent; * Brad Yunek
#1740 - JAKE OWEN: *Loralei Ells; * Jerry Glidewell ; * Steven Traversa ; * Andrew Trotter
AND A BIG SHOUT OUT to all the MAYBES too! Keep up the *Gold Star Work everyone!
Instructor-Led Courses This Week.
- Got Good News? - We love it when our own members are out there slugging away against the big music industry beast and winning some battles. Your achievements inspire all of us. Please let us know about it. View more MEMBER SUCCESSES and SUBMIT YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS HERE!
Mon Oct 21, 2019 01:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 101 Bend Benns Ear with Benn Cutarelli
Tue Oct 22, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 300 Advanced Song Feedback and Mentoring with Craig Bickhardt
Wed Oct 23, 2019 09:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 320 Publisher Song Feedback and Mentoring with Debbie Zavitson
Thu Oct 24, 2019 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 210 Song Feedback and Mentoring II with Lisa Palas
Current Pitching Opportunities
View current pitching opportunities
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 135 Song Feedback and Mentoring with Randy Klein