View Current Highlights and Happenings
- Live Feedback Sessions On Break from December 21st-January 2nd. - Please note that all live (instructor-led) courses will be on a break for the holidays starting December 21st. They will resume on January 3, 2019. You may continue to take any DIY courses, pitch songs, and use the coaching service for song feedback (but please be patient as your coach replies may be slightly delayed due to travel and festivities). Wishing you all a very happy holiday season and a song in your heart for the New Year!
- Quote to Inspire - "Music is essentially an emotional language, so you want to feel something from the relationships and build music based on those feelings." -- Howard Shore, Academy Award Winning Composer (Lord of the Rings).
- We Are Grateful For You - During this holiday season, we want to thank you, our members, for the talent, insights, and support you have continued to offer since 2003. We also want to express our gratitude to the wonderful instructors, mentors, and coaches for the wisdom they provide "on campus" every day. Peace, love, and music always.
- Are You Ready To Pitch Your Songs to Film and TV? - Songs for Sync! Special Event Pitch with Music Supervisor, Barry Coffing! From December 15th through February 15th, you have an exclusive opportunity to send your songs DIRECTLY to Music Supervisor, Barry Coffing, through a SongU.com personal listening page. Barry's company Music Supervisor Inc. places hundreds of songs each year in Films, TV and Advertising! Will yours be one of them? See details in the Pitching area.
- TIPS AND TRICKS FOR WRITING SONGS TO PICTURES! - Missed this great live class by Barry Coffing? You can STILL listen to the transcript. Available through December 31st by going to
Activity>View/Add Live Courses>Search Transcript Only (Prior Courses)>Add Course: BUS 501 Master Class: Writing Songs for Film, TV and Media.
This is highly recommended listening before you pitch your songs to Barry.
What they're saying about this session:
"Barry was amazing and I can't wait to see more of him!" -- Susan S. (NY)
"Thanks so much for this awesome opportunity. I'm looking forward to future courses regarding this increasingly important field." -- Ricki B. (WI)
"The class was great, filled with so much valuable and practical information, Thank you!" -- Tali E. (Israel)
"Very informative speaker." -- Bob W. (IL)
- Looking for e-Classroom Instructions? - Here's an easy short instructional page to print out. e-Classroom Instructions Printout Page . You will also find this link on your course registration confirmation email. The latest look/feel of the e-classroom makes for a quicker set-up time and better functionality.
- Special Event Pitch! Songs for Sync! - An exclusive opportunity to pitch your songs directly for Film, TV/Media. Music supervisor, Barry Coffing, whose company Music Supervisor Inc. places hundreds of songs each year in Films, TV and Advertising will be listening to your songs from 12/15-2/15 2018, SPECIFICALLY TO FIND SONGS FOR SYNC PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. Details in pitching!
- SONGU SUCCESS SPOTLIGHT! - This week we're shining the light on Jamie Trent (member since 2012).
Type of Good News: Song on 2019 Grammy-Nominated Album. Song Title: Bullet Holes In The Sky
Congratulations to Jamie Trent! His song Bullet Holes in the Sky, co-written with Mary Gauthier is featured on her Grammy-nominated album, Rifles and Rosary Beads, a project with the group Songwriting For Soldiers. Jamie tells us, "one thing Mary and I always made mention of at live shows is that we are just the net for songs to find their way into the world. This song found me. I am truly grateful for that." He says, "What I learned from SongU is there is many writers of many skill levels all around the world. Take every opportunity you get and embrace it. Just because you haven’t been writing for 20+ years doesn’t mean you aren’t worthy." Hear the demo of "Bullet Holes" and more of Jamie's songs at his SongU Member Website and an emotional trailer for the entire album at Mary Gauthier Official Website. Remember to submit your own good news here!
- Gold Stars Report Nov 19th - Dec 9th, 2018 - CONGRATULATIONS to the following members who received notes of interest from 11/19/2018 through 12/09/2018 by SONGU.COM pitch guests for the following leads:
#1618 - HOME FREE: *Carol Hashe Rainone; * Tony True
#1638 - MICKEY GUYTON: *Jerry Blackburn
#1639 - BLAKE SHELTON: *Leslie Bowe
#1644 - 60'S-70'S MASTERS: *Jeff Rule; * Keith Sasser
#1647 - WALKER MCGUIRE: *Amy Barnett; * Elvira Cawthon ; * James Hoppe ; * Rick Lane ; * Brad McKinney ; * kevin Rowe ; * Bonnie Ryan ; * Rita Weyls (2 songs) ;
#1648 - TENILLE ARTS: *James Hoppe; * Mark Moore ; * Michael Morton ; * Steven Traversa
#1649 - MASON RAMSEY: *Julie Jean White
#1650 - DEVIN DAWSON: *Aaron J Hooks Wayman; * James Hoppe
#1651 - TRAILER CHOIR: *James Hoppe; * Mark Moore
#1652 - SCOTTY MCCREERY: *Elvira Cawthon; * Carol Hashe Rainone ; * Frank Stopak ; * Jamie Trent ; * Claire Ulanoff
#1653 - HANK WILLIAMS JR: *Brad Yunek
AND A BIG SHOUT OUT to all the MAYBES too! Keep up the *Gold Star Work everyone!
- Got Good News? - We love it when our own members are out there slugging away against the big music industry beast and winning some battles. Your achievements inspire all of us. Please let us know about it. View more MEMBER SUCCESSES and SUBMIT YOUR OWN GOOD NEWS HERE!
Instructor-Led Courses This Week.
- Special Event Pitch Opportunity! - Songs For Sync! With Music Supervisor Barry Coffing Deadline Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:59 PM (ET).
Submit your songs
Mon Dec 17, 2018 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 215 Christian Songwriters Feedback and Mentoring with Dallas Gregory
Tue Dec 18, 2018 09:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 315 Publisher Song Feedback and Mentoring with Bob Dellaposta
Current Pitching Opportunities
View current pitching opportunities
Thu Dec 20, 2018 08:00 PM (ET)
FDBK 135 Song Feedback and Mentoring with Randy Klein